Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Gold Dude

Today was Oscar nomination day.  Look!  It's Ellen!  And she's hosting again, because the Academy is smart.



I used to be a movie aficionado.  I'd see every Oscar nominated movie -- without fail.  And then Arden happened and my movie watching went to the same place that my 5AM workouts went.

(Yep, totally making excuses.  It's my blog, I can do that.)

I have seen approximately zero of this year's major nominated movies.  I must remedy this. AMC Theaters usually does an Oscar weekend leading up where they play all the films nominated for Best Picture.  Hopefully they'll do that again.  I doubt I'll see all of them but if I have the opportunity in the coming couple of months I will see:


  • Captain Phillips (My future husband, Tom Hanks, was robbed by not being nominated for this or Saving Mr. Banks.  Because he is wonderful and no I am not biased.)
  • Philomena (It left my theater last weekend, epic fail, Erin.  Hopefully it makes another appearance.)
  • 12 Years a Slave
  • Her (Looks very, very weird but I've heard is incredibly powerful.)
  • Gravity
I have utterly no desire to see The Wolf of Wall Street.

Meryl and Julia (yeah, first name basis) are both nominated for Osage County and I've already got plans to see that this weekend.  

I've already seen what will obviously win Best Original Song and Best Animated Picture three times.  If it doesn't win I will probably sue the Academy.


And I sort of want to have an Oscar party so there will be someone in the house to enjoy it with me since Dora hates all things award shows.  I know, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment